How Pura Vida Bracelets Achieved Their Biggest Cyber Week Yet—Driving $1.2 Million+ With SMS
ROI driven during Cyber Week
Black Friday final hours reminder CVR
in revenue driven by text messaging with Attentive over BF/CM
Jewelry & Accessories
Pura Vida Bracelets was looking for an innovative and thoughtful way to engage their mobile audience throughout Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Knowing that their audience of brand loyalists were shopping on their smartphones more than ever, Pura Vida Bracelets wanted to send highly engaging, relevant text messages to drive incremental revenue.
Pura Vida Bracelets worked with their dedicated Attentive Client Strategy Manager to reward their community of brand loyalists with a $500 Black Friday giveaway in return for signing up for their text messages. The brand created a thoughtful segmentation strategy to keep subscribers engaged throughout the busy shopping period and drive conversions.
Our SMS program with Attentive helped us achieve our biggest Cyber Week yet. We’ve seen tremendous SMS results throughout the year, but our text messaging performance over Black Friday and Cyber Monday exceeded our expectations.”
– Deirdre Kelly, Director of Acquisition, Pura Vida Bracelets
Ahead of Black Friday, Pura Vida Bracelets launched an exclusive sign-up unit on their mobile and desktop websites to grow and engage their audience of brand loyalists. Consumers were incentivized to sign up for texts and be entered to win a $500 gift card during the major sale. Pura Vida Bracelets also rewarded existing subscribers by inviting them to text in a keyword to enter to win the gift card. This strategy helped the brand drive new opt-ins and reengage existing subscribers before Pura Vida Bracelets kicked off their Cyber Week campaigns. Pura Vida sent a series of four text messages leading up to Black Friday to drive conversions:
- Monday before Black Friday: Pura Vida Bracelets sent a text message to subscribers granting them exclusive early access to their Black Friday deals. Writing in their signature brand voice, they spoke directly to subscribers, inviting them to be the first to take advantage of their annual sale.
- Tuesday before Black Friday: The brand sent subscribers who had clicked through on the previous exclusive early access message—but had not yet made a purchase—a reminder to shop their favorite items before they sold out.
- Thanksgiving: Pura Vida Bracelets texted subscribers who had not taken advantage of the sale emphasizing their limited inventory.
- Black Friday: Pura Vida Bracelets sent a final text message alerting subscribers of a bonus perk—a free gift with their purchase—to incentivize shoppers.
After driving impressive results with this segmentation strategy, Pura Vida Bracelets took a similar approach for Cyber Monday deals:
- Saturday: The brand invited subscribers to shop an SMS-exclusive buy one, get one sale.
- Sunday: Pura Vida Bracelets reminded their SMS VIPs—subscribers who had clicked through on the previous message but hadn’t made a purchase yet—of the secret sale, encouraging them to shop before it was over.
- Cyber Monday: Pura Vida Bracelets sent one final message to subscribers highlighting the exclusive sale.
Pura Vida Bracelets used Attentive’s Journeys to automatically send text reminders to subscribers about items they browsed or left behind in their online shopping cart throughout the weekend. By sending triggered messages based on actions a subscriber had taken, Pura Vida Bracelets was able to recover otherwise lost revenue without any work from their team. This complemented their overall re-engagement strategy, driving conversions throughout the busy weekend.
Pura Vida Bracelets’ Cyber Week text messaging strategy drove 27.2x ROI. From Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday, the brand drove over $1.2 million in revenue with text messaging. “Our text messaging program with Attentive is actually outperforming email for us, which is huge,” shared Kelly.
By segmenting their Black Friday and Cyber Monday campaign messages to send relevant reminders, the brand was able to improve their campaign performance. Pura Vida Bracelets’ Black Friday early access message drove an 18.6% conversion rate. They increased their conversion rate to 21.1% on Thanksgiving, when they reminded subscribers who had not yet made a purchase of the sale. Pura Vida Bracelets maintained high engagement with their final Black Friday message, driving a conversion rate of 20.8%.
Finally, Pura Vida Bracelets’ complementary triggered SMS strategy fueled revenue driven. The brand’s browse abandonment text—which reminds subscribers of items they loved—drove a 22.54% conversion rate during the four-day period. Pura Vida Bracelets also recovered a significant number of abandoned carts: the triggered reminder drove a conversion rate of 54.79% during the same period.
Pura Vida Bracelets used Attentive’s List Growth to accomplish their goals. Read more about how the Attentive platform can help you scale further and faster.